Remote Job as a Senior DevOps Engineer at Podchaser.
Job Overview: Podchaser is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to be responsible for the ongoing configuration and maintenance of our existing stack including CI/CD pipelines, automating our software delivery processes and the general management and maintenance of our cloud infrastructure.
Working alongside our CTO and the rest of the engineering team, you’ll develop and maintain container deployment, continuous integration, monitoring systems and performance troubleshooting, using your experience with Docker, Kubernetes, AWS and Elasticsearch, as well as your ability to learn new technologies.
Responsible for our security management and infrastructure roadmap, this role is integral to our development work, ensuring our platform is compliant and secure.
You will be taking over for an outgoing employee, so there will be a handover period after which you will be expected to ensure that business can continue as usual, while also collaborating on new projects.
This is a senior role, and we are only considering applicants with significant DevOps experience – at least 5 years experience is desired.
This is a 100% remote position, our engineers can live and work anywhere in the world, though there will be a requirement of at least some overlapping work hours with Melbourne, Australia (GMT+10).
Podchaser welcomes applicants from a variety of backgrounds and perspectives, as we believe a diverse team leads to diverse ideas and solutions!
SALARY: $90k – $120k
REMOTE LOCATION: Worldwide
JOB TYPE: Full-Time
Your Responsibilities working with Podchaser
- Responsibility for our existing Kubernetes cluster and CI/CD pipelines, ensuring they are able to run smoothly with minimal downtime.
- Troubleshooting, performance tuning and optimisation of cloud-hosted applications and services in AWS, including cost optimisation.
- Adding additional microservice containers and supporting infrastructure and recommending how they can be integrated into the rest of our stack.
- Deploying new infrastructure as required for new projects and initiatives in a maintainable manner.
- Working with CTO to determine the infrastructure required for new projects, as well as improvements to existing infrastructure for performance benefits or cost reduction.
- Assisting with onboarding of new employees, ensuring they have a working dev environment and access to appropriate resources.
Skills & Requirements of working at Podchaser
- Deploying, scaling, and troubleshooting applications in production with Kubernetes.
- Configuring and implementing CI/CD pipelines on the appropriate tools – we are currently using Gitlab and don’t have any reason to change that so experience there will be a bonus.
- Building infrastructure on AWS
- Using Infrastructure as Code tools such as Terraform.
- Managing Elasticsearch clusters, with a good understanding of the processes involved in adding nodes to scale horizontally, manage required computing and memory resources, configure Kibana, etc.
- Configuring and deploying NGINX to serve up a PHP backend.
- Configuring and deploying a NodeJS Express backend (currently using PM2) to handle a server rendered React application.
- General scripting skill to assist with automation and understand existing systems.
- You can earn our trust by sharing your thoughts and making commitments, and you’re willing to trust your teammates to do the same.
- You see your work all the way through to the end.
- You can debate with empathy.
- You are self-motivated, which means you handle your own time. This is a remote-only role, so it’s especially important that you are able to understand when a task is blocked by a colleague so you can use your time effectively elsewhere.
- You are not afraid to try new things, and you’re enthusiastic about helping others learn and grow.
- You are pragmatic and can balance “textbook correctness” against practical reality.
- You can keep your eye on the goal, while communicating early and often throughout a sprint.
Perks of Working at Podchaser
- Fully distributed team – We have been remote since the beginning so have processes and systems already in place to ensure we are remote-friendly
- Flexible schedule – You know the times you work best so you can work a schedule that works best for you
- A positive, collaborative, and diverse culture
Salary: $90,000.00 – $120,000.00 USD per year
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates for the post of Senior DevOps Engineer at Podchaser, should Click Here to Apply.