Remote Job as a Senior Full-Stack Engineer at Census.
Census is how data teams at companies like Figma, Notion, Rippling, Clearbit, and Fivetran build better business operations.
With Census, analysts can turn their data warehouse into a single source of truth and publish their insights directly into the apps that marketing & sales teams use daily. With live data, these teams can build better campaigns, understand what users are doing, and ultimately drive more sustainable revenue.
We’re a hybrid team headquartered in San Francisco that love taking annoying problems most people avoid and building simple solutions for them. We believe that data should be used for more than just making charts. This is why we built the first integration platform that works directly within cloud data warehouses.
Your Mission ⚡
- You will make contributions to all parts of our tech stack, which is comprised of Rails, Typescript, Vue, Heroku, and AWS.
- You will work closely with our product team to help design and develop new features.
- You will inform much of our early culture and be part of creating a truly special team.
- You will be an active member of our sprint process – we do short sprint plans once every two weeks and 20 minute daily virtual standups.
- You won’t burn out – we are building a great product while creating a fun, family-friendly culture.
- You will learn some of our lingoes, like “do nothing”, “done done”, “ponies” and “ur-*”
- Has deep experience with Ruby on Rails or with high-scale data systems.
- Can build things end-to-end. Our engineers build, deploy and maintain their code.
- Has a Bachelor’s degree in CS, Engineering, Math or equivalent experience.
- Thrives in a small company / ambiguous environment where you get to work directly with customers and make decisions that have a huge impact on the business.
- Competitive Bay Area salary and equity
- Health, dental, and vision insurance (full platinum coverage for dependents)
- Laptop, monitor, and accessories
- Flexible time off (20+ days/year recommended)
- Parental leave