Remote Job as a Software Developer II at ANSYS.
Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation, helping the world’s most innovative companies deliver radically better products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software, Ansys helps companies solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination.
Summary / Role Purpose
The R&D Engineer II on the User Experience Team in the DBU will have responsibility for implementing designs in the existing WPF Toolkit UI Framework owned by the UX Team, assisting with the transition of designs in the Toolkit into appropriate Ansys products that use the WPF Toolkit, and assisting in the creation of a Web-based UI Framework that is modeled after the WPF Toolkit. The work is fast-paced and challenging; and requires a strong foundation in software development.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand the basics of the User Centered Design approach taken by User Experience (UX) designers at Ansys
- Have an expectation/willingness to iteratively develop on features/designs in code
- Demonstrate a strong ability to work collaboratively with designers to generate controls based on designs
- Demonstrate a strong ability to work collaboratively with developers who are consumers of the controls that are created, and provide ongoing support to integrate the controls into the appropriate products
- Performs moderately complex development activities, including the design, implementation, maintenance, testing and documentation of software modules and sub-systems
- Understands and employs best practices
- Performs moderately complex bug verification, release testing and beta support for assigned products. Researches problems discovered by QA or product support and develops solutions
- Works under the general supervision of a development manager and alongside UX professionals
- Design, develop and maintain features, according to project requirements and established quality standards
- Actively participate in project planning, design brainstorming sessions and team meetings
- Conduct feature testing and resolve reported defects
- Collaborate with external partners and solution providers
- Participate in and collaborate with other development, documentation, and testing professionals in all phases of the software development life cycle
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements and Experience
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science, HCI (or related field) with 2 years’ experience developing or MS
- Technical knowledge and experience with a UI Framework, such as WPF or other Windows UI Frameworks, including the creation of custom controls based on original designs.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, quickly adapt to new requirements and meet deadlines
- Software development experience in Java or C#
- Strong background in object oriented programming and software design patterns
- Strong team player who thrives in an open and collaborative environment
- Ability to learn quickly and to collaborate with others in a geographically distributed team
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Previous experience with Web UI Frameworks (React, Angular) and Windows UI Frameworks
- Previous experience using testing frameworks that can perform UI, unit, and integration tests on user interface components
- Previous experience working closely in a development environment with UX Designers
- Knowledge/experience of User Centered Design practices
CULTURE AND VALUES
Culture and values are incredibly important to Ansys. They inform us of who we are, of how we act. Values aren’t posters hanging on a wall or about trite or glib slogans. They aren’t about rules and regulations. They can’t just be handed down the organization. They are shared beliefs – guideposts that we all follow when we’re facing a challenge or a decision. Our values tell us how we live our lives; how we approach our jobs. Our values are crucial for fostering a culture of winning for our company:
- Customer focus
- Results and Accountability
- Transparency and Integrity
- Sense of urgency
- Collaboration and Teamwork
WORKING AT ANSYS
At Ansys, you will find yourself among the sharpest minds and most visionary of leaders, collectively aiming to change the world with innovative technology and remarkable solutions. With the prestigious reputation in servicing well-known, world-class companies, standards at Ansys are high, met by those willing to rise to the occasion and meet those challenges head-on. Because at Ansys, it’s about the learning, the discovery and the collaboration. It’s about the “what’s next” as much as the “mission accomplished”. It’s about the melding of disciplined intellect with strategic direction and results that have, can and will impact real people in real ways, forged within a working environment built on respect, autonomy and ethics.
At Ansys, you will find yourself among those eager to drive the world towards the next best thing with hands planted firmly on the wheel.
Our team is passionate about pushing the limits of world-class simulation technology so our customers can turn their design concepts into successful, innovative products faster and at lower cost. As a measure of our success in attaining these goals, Ansys has been recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by prestigious publications such as Bloomberg Businessweek and FORTUNE magazines.
Ansys is an S&P 500 company and a component of the NASDAQ-100.
For more information, please visit us at www.ansys.com
Ansys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Ansys does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of Ansys. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity.
Nearest Major Market: Pittsburgh
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates for the post of Software Developer II at ANSYS, should Click Here to Apply.