Remote Job as a Lead Software Engineer at Tyler Technologies.
The work we do matters.
New York City, USDOT, DOJ,HHS and 500+ other cities, states, counties, and federal agencies use our platform & solutions to connect decision makers and the public with information that matters to their day-to-day life. We are leading clients across the country as they look to tackle the most pressing problems of our time.
- Designing and building new platform microservices to help scale our platform to handle government datasets with hundreds of millions of rows.
- Establishing development standards and best practices.
- Development across the stack, from high-performance data-intensive backend services through business requirements and customer-facing UI.
- Mentoring engineers across the organization.
- You have at least 5 years of experience building distributed systems.
- You aim for simplicity.
- You care about scalable, reliable, well-tested code.
- You are willing to work in any part of the stack required to move the team forward.
- You are humble. You take responsibility for your mistakes, and you learn from them.
- You have experience with at least one statically typed language like Scala, Java, Go, Rust or C++. Bonus points for experience with Elixir.
- You have knowledge and experience designing and managing relational databases in production, ideally Postgres. Bonus points for experience with technologies like Amazon Athena or Google BigQuery.
- You have experience in owning all aspects of a system lifecycle, from proper design, testing, deployment, metrics and monitoring.
- You are comfortable working in a heterogeneous development environment where you’ll be working with multiple development languages and technologies.
- You have a strong track record of shipping scalable software in the face of ambiguity.
- You want to work in a company where everybody believes in a shared mission and has a strong sense of shared responsibility.
- You are comfortable making technical decisions when there is no clear correct answer.
- Ability to pass a federal background check required
You belong here! Nobody checks every box and if your experience and interests match some of the above, we would love to hear from you.
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates for the post of Lead Software Engineer at Tyler Technologies, should Click Here to Apply.