Remote Job as a Staff Engineer at Clipper Magazine.
Clipper Magazine is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who have disabilities may request that accommodations be made in order to complete the selection process by contacting the Human Resources Department at [email protected] or at 717-569-5100.
About the Role
We’re looking for a Staff Engineer, a senior technical leader who can deliver the simplest practical, robust solutions to complex problems, while empathetically mentoring team members to build up our capability to sustainably deliver high-value improvements. This is a hands-on role, with the expectation that you can turn strategic direction into clear, concise, working code. You will be the leader on cross-functional projects from conception to delivery, with a high degree of autonomy. Architecture, process, and tooling across the company will all be in play for your decisions, depending on the project, with an emphasis on pragmatism and quick, informed decision making . Soft and hard skills will be equally valuable. You will work closely with the CTO and VP of Engineering to co-own the success of the entire engineering organization.
What You’ll Do:
- Continually, progressively improve our engineering practices, both as a practitioner and technical leader, including instrumentation, observability, continuous delivery, automated testing, security, resiliency, and reliability.
- Act as the delivery owner for complicated projects with minimal guidance, delivering high-quality changes to production as a contributor and leader.
- Work with senior engineering leadership to develop a technical vision and roadmap to support the business.
- Identify and champion opportunities for improvement to business processes.
- Contribute to improving our interview process for technical hires.
- Encourage a culture of mentorship, humility, and continuous learning by example and structured team activities.
- Conduct post-mortems or after-action reviews for outages, ensuring that opportunities for process and tooling improvements are identified and delivered.
What We Need:
- Emotionally intelligent with a positive solution-oriented outlook
- Strong development experience
- Extensive experience with relational databases, including query optimization using EXPLAIN
- Extensive experience building securely in AWS
- Clear written communication
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates for the post of Staff Engineer at Clipper Magazine, should Click Here to Apply.